Effect of Substrate Concentration on Enzyme Activity

 


Enzymes catalyze substrates. Similarly our brain processes and breaks down our feelings and emotions as a sort of coping mechanism. What happens when the substrate concentration increases? What happens when our feelings and emotions become overwhelming? 

The video I have posted is an educational animation teaching students about how enzymes function in our body and the activities that they perform to keep our organism alive. I am highly interested in humans: the way we think and the ways we exist. I wish to visually externalize the connections that I find myself making that concern the body and mind and separate physical entities. Not long ago I found myself trying to translate and explain my interpretation of the word 'numb' to a friend. We got into this conversation because at the time I was in the middle of filming a video-project that I wanted to call Numb. Because the meaning was lost in translation and I could not find the words I decided to draw a graph and I started to connect it to the graphs indicating enzyme activity when affected by a change in substate concentration. I thought this connection was interesting but it was too abstract, this is when I decided I wanted to make it into a video that would visually portray this concept. After searching for several videos I found that this one was the most fitting, however it may change if I find something better. I want to make sure that the connections are visually shown by the cutting of frames, overlapping video-clips, and combination between sound and moving images. 

-Clara


Popular Posts