Lisa microscope footage



I have been working on a theme of fertility for the past few months and am finding this interest is following me onto this project when looking for footage. I particularly like the colouring of the footage in the first video as I enjoy the institutional or clinical nature that it strikes for me. 

This footage depicts a big theme for me at the moment which is that many parts of fertility are now able to take part outside of the body and even at very remote locations from the parent. I am interested in contrasting the two types of journeys being made, by the egg and sperm and the physical trafficking of these along with embryos, foetuses, babies and their mothers.




I like to find synergy on different actions and in this film about commercial surrogates in India, there are interesting movements among the women which to me reflect the action of the fertilisation of the eggs, when using a pestle and morter. 






 

Popular Posts