AMIE // DEVELOPING IDEAS & FURTHER RESEARCH

 

The Woolworths Choir of 1979 - by Elizabeth Price

I like the editing of this video and that it combines archive footage, music and text and builds into a creschedo. The process is similar to the way I edit my videos. 


Developing and focusing my direction 

The key themes I will focus on whilst researching and bringing my final ideas together:

- Exploring the senses, perception and body depiction as an overarching theme

- Using imagery to tell a narrative using older archival footage

- Focusing on 'Sensuality' as a subject, how I portray this with using 'abnormal' footage.

- Using 'movement' within an image.

- The haptic qualities I am looking for - 'wet aesthetics', the breath.

- Using music as a score to create a collage of images and building a crescendo with the timing, sound and movement. 

- Editing in continuity to the movement of the images 

- Using 'rules' when researching footage, only footage shot from above or from a specfic angle. 

  Some questions to ask myself and explore...

- What is the feeling I feel and want to feel associated with working with the images?

- Which kind of issues emerge from the image? Feminist? Gender? Racial issues? Be aware of this.

- In which direction does it bring my research? Does it bring it in the direction I was planning? Or are they bringing in a new unexpected direction?

- Does this footage, drive my research or does the research drive my footage?


- Why am I going to use this clip and not another similar one? New perspectives can be born from this. 

- Would it be interesting to work with imagery that isn’t of the body but that could represent the body?

This is an interesting question to ask and one that I will begin my research with. 

A website I found interesting when looking into perception and illusions -

https://www.vox.com/science-and-health/20978285/optical-illusion-science-humility-reality-polarization

Some video research I found when typing in key words in relation to finding images that could represent the body but are not of the body and represent sensations or the haptic. 

Fruit, Wet, Movement. 

Again I am finding it easier to find free stock imagery to use rather than older footage. 







Popular Posts