AMIE// DEVELOPING IDEAS //AUSTERITY MEASURES & SENSORY OVERLOAD

 



After sending out the second questionaire on 'Sensory overload' I gathered the responses and chose key words to find footage to collect for my video. For the imagery I wanted to create a sense of visual overload using the answers from 'what causes' sensory overload and provide a point of view of the person suffering with it to put the audience in the shoes of this person. 

For the sound, I wanted to create the opposite, by using key words from 'what helps' when experiencing sensory overload. I used piano music, coupled with waves as these are two things that came up which helped induce a calm state of mind. 

For the text, I was inspired by mindfullness & meditation techniques of using the breath after finding this can really help me when I am experiencing sensory overload to induce a calmer state of mind. After doing research around creating accessible video, I wanted to insert captions and subtitles into my work. This is something that I will be developing more by researching how art is and can bemore accessible to everyone.

I have also been playing around with removing the sound completely and just using captions to give the audience the space to create their own sound, using the captions given, in their imaginations, or not depending person to person.

For the editing of each clip I was inspired by the artists Guillaume Cailleau and Ben Russell in their video AUSTERITY MEASURES, 2012. Here is a still from their video:

 





Popular Posts