@AMIE//BODY IN ART & SENSORY OVERLOAD

Artworks:

1. Jane and Louise Wilson, Hypnotic Suggestion 505, 1993.

2. Mesmerizing body art makes people look like nature's most vibrant creation, available from: https://fb.watch/ipVAmDJQk8/. This is the animals' body art mentioned earlier.

There are more inspiring artworks through the reference link below.

The idea of bodies has been replaced by Printers.

Besides, here is a video of filling a glass of milk without seeing the body. It associates with the body movement.


Sensory Overload:

I personally experience sensory overload when I have internet connection issues. Since technology grows up so fast, I used to watch videos, do research, explore creative ideas, etc, on my screen. I rely on it. So when it blocks out, I really feel anxious, helpless, and stressed out. Especially when I do my video project or have an online project meeting or submission.


Based on my experience and some of my friends, we do have the same opinion on rain. It gives us different feelings depending on the situation. When we see it outside a window, it gives us feelings of wetness, and disgust and someone thinks it is enraging, a buzz kill, and putrid. Someone who has Ombrophobia (Fear of Rain), they worry about acid rain, germs in the rain, floods, or other danger. This anxiety disorder causes symptoms and emotions that affect daily life. However, when we see rain inside a window, I feel it very beautiful and relaxing, like the example footage from Pixabay shows below.






Reference:

Art Space. (2016). 7 Video Art Masterpieces You Need to Know Now. [online image]. Available from: https://www.artspace.com/magazine/art_101/book_report/boa-video-art-masterpieces-53408.


Popular Posts