Daisy// Artist Research and Experimentation

 Catherine Chalmers 

















From her book/artwork called American Cockroach. 

‘So, what are the aesthetics of our empathy?’

This is a question She asks about the way we look at different animals how we are scared of insects, so we hate them. I like the way she alters this image of the cockroaches to put this human narrative onto animals to make them seem more approachable.

So after I found the clip of a fox on a bus I did some experimentation with creating a narrative for it to show this sort of shopping trip of a fox from a human perspective.  Going with the absurdity of it.



I want to explore changing the perspective to the fox’s using sharper footage to look at exploring a more haptic view of the senses of foxes as I’ve looked at what we see now I want to look at what they see and feel.


Popular Posts