EVELYN//SKETCHBOOK, THINKING PROCESS & DEVELOPMENT IDEAS

 The previous post shows an idea about the humans' consumption of natural sources and bringing pollution to the Earth. I also researched other ideas about the duration of time. People do different activities in a day, then I created a survey form to collect their daily routine and interestingly found out some points, for example, some of the elements like putting up earrings is a very important thing to do every day. It gave me ideas of what elements that I can work on and pictures of footage I can use. 

Apart from the digital form, I interviewed some people and found out that people tend to do the same or similar things if they have similar personalities or they are doing the same course. Although my video is about changes in materials and objects to show differences made over time, however, some ideas from this study (what do you do in your day) might be helpful at some points.


It is difficult exactly follow my plan (in the previous post) using found footage,  therefore, I developed the ideas from realistic/actual footage of a growing tree to some abstract shape, using the representation of a tree rather than force to find a real growing tree.

There were some struggles with the proportion of the images, so I shall rethink how to manage them in the frames. Also, the 1st version video is too long and some repetitions are unnecessary. I aim to edit it again and show the ideas clearly, once it is delivered to the audience, there is no need to repeat it. I will trim it and make the video short and better organised. What's after? There is not enough content to see and show a completed 'story', more footage is needed to add in. There are two timelines in this video, one is natural time, the view changing over a year (four seasons), and there is one edited together and shows a process of a growing tree (representing nature), how resin of trees and honey have been consumed, and it brought pollution to the Earth-the B & W images show the world without bees. The ideas are shown in metaphor.

On the other side, it is surprising that I found a book about Italy, and I got some new ideas. Some of the points are related to my previous research, and I think it is exciting to make a video about this topic. Then I might compare it with the video I have just done. 





Popular Posts