KATIE // FOUND FOOTAGE AND RESEARCH IDEAS

Continuing my search of found footage of nature, I discovered microscope views of leaves and mushrooms that make it look alive and creates a sci-fi feel. I plan to expand this search and begin editing some experiments with these, along with nature growth time lapses. All these videos create abstract shapes and colours that look almost alien-like, relating to my current theme.




I also want to research why and how nature is alive and comparing this to other-than-human theories. This includes photosynthesis and cultures and societies where they live as other-than-humans with nature.

When researching this footage, I discovered a lot of footage of mould/fungus growth. I have had a personal experience with mould issues in my student house and to put it dramatically, it has been taking over my life. So what better form of nature to look into than something that is harmful to humans and is taking a huge impact on us today. I like the idea of telling this story from the point of view of mould/fungus and plan to do more research on this. 



Popular Posts